The CAC believes that our employees are our greatest strength. We are looking for a Human Resources and Accounts Payable Associate who is committed to recruiting top talent and providing our staff members with an exceptional work experience. From the moment of hire until the time they leave the organization, we want employees to be engaged in their jobs. Our ideal candidate will be skilled in managing benefits, recognition, and employee-relations in a manner that retains staff members long-term and builds our brand. We are proud of the passion, drive, and loyalty in our workforce and our Human Resources and Accounts Payable Associate is tasked with ensuring that our organizational culture welcomes an inclusive population and supports each person in growing and prospering within the organization.
The Human Resources and Accounts Payable Associate will also be responsible for basic accounting functions of the CAC, including but not limited to, accounts payable and receivable, production of financial reports and the maintenance of a compliant system for accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the CAC’s reported financial results.
The Human Resources and Accounts Payable Associate is a part time position. Job Requirements
- Ensure compliance in day-to-day operations of human resources and payroll duties. Duties include but are not limited to the following areas: employment, payroll, employee relations, orientation and training, benefits, compensation, organizational development and administration.
- Basic accounting functions
- Commitment to professional and ethical standards
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities and manage conflict in a professional, productive manner
- Positive, ambitious, energetic, hardworking with a strong work ethic
- Able to communicate effectively
- Dependable, responsible, reliable and mature
- Able to handle ambiguity, changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Self-motivated, structured, accurate, result driven, ready to improve and open to change
- Ability to multi-task, handling multiple issues
- Human Resources
o Administration of payroll (bi-weekly, using an outside payroll provider)
o Prepare accounting reports related to payroll
o Maintenance of CAC reporting structure that is dependent on payroll information
o Manages talent acquisition process, including sourcing, scheduling interviews, hiring and onboarding
o Keeps employee handbook and job descriptions up-to-date, accurate and compliant with relevant federal, state and local laws for all positions
o Handles investigation and resolution of employee issues, concerns, and conflicts
o Ensures all employment practices comply with federal, state and local regulations
o Work with management to establish and maintain a positive work environment which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities;
o Partner with management on progressive counseling;
o Investigate harassment and discrimination claims and resolve conflict;
o Manage, sick; vacation and leave of absence processes;
o Represent the company for local unemployment claims;
o Understand business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective;
o Support CAC’s mission and Vision and develop strategies to further implement them into the organizational culture.
o Oversee CAC annual benefit open enrollment process;
o Mentor, provide training and development to optimize performance, create organizational depth and individual growth;
o Manage multiple projects effectively with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
o Perform other related duties as assigned
o Account Payable procedures, including, but not limited to, invoice entry process and payment
o Account Receivable procedures, including, but not limited to Facility Rental invoice process and collection
o Reconcile cash receipts from store, admissions and other sources
o Maintain petty cash on site
o Perform other related duties as assigned Interpersonal Relations
Works closely with all departments. Follows policy and procedures. Fully embraces the CAC’s Vision and values. A team player who values co-workers opinions and treats everyone with courtesy and respect. Exceptional listener who is emphatic, well organized and has an eye for detail. Able to work in a team environment, provide honest and direct feedback. Sound judgment and tact to communicate effectively with staff and third parties.
All of these duties are to be done with overall CAC business in mind. The person in this position witll be conscious of other CAC programs, exhibition needs and CAC policies and procedures. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 3+ years minimum proven progressive leadership/supervisory experience as an HR generalist or greater
- Exceptional verbal and written communication that is clear, concise and polished
- Strong, demonstrated proficiency skills with influence, adaptability/flexibility, and relationship building
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration, and teamwork
- Experience in bookkeeping and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft programs
- Experience with Paycor preferred, but not necessary
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and work independently or as a team member. Application Process
Please send cover letter and resume by December 6, 2019 to:
Contemporary Arts Center
44 East 6th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Attn: Human Resources
Also, application materials can be mailed to email@example.com
. No phone calls accepted, nor will they be returned.
The Contemporary Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.