TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre
- TCT On Tour
- TCT Academy
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theatre in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theatre to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Creative Projects Manager will assist the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. A successful Creative Projects Manager will not only lead TCT internally to achieve its mission but will be an active advocate in the community and will be responsible for maintaining high-quality standards and ensuring the consistency of the TCT brand.
The Creative Projects Manager will be responsible for successfully promoting our programming and content via graphic design, video, and community outreach, ensuring our brand and voice are well represented.
This position reports to the Marketing Director and works closely with the Marketing Manager and across all internal departments, including Artistic, Development, Production, and Education.
This is a full-time, exempt position that at times will require evening and weekend hours when TCT programming and events often take place.
- Collaborate with Artistic Director and Marketing department to produce, create, shoot, and edit enticing video marketing content for TCT’s social media accounts and website promoting engagement with an eye to sharable content and a view toward growing and diversifying TCT’s audience.
- Work with Education Director to shoot video of classes, shows, camps and events for record and for promotion.
- Provide graphic design services for multiple internal departmental clients with a particular focus on the needs for marketing, development, and education efforts.
- Work with Sales Director, Marketing Director, as well as Artistic Director, outside designers, vendors, and other departments to source, compile, develop, manage, and deliver the design and creation of institutional, season-related, show-related, and departmental print and digital collateral; including, but not limited to posters, print and online advertisements, brochures, branded fliers, signage, direct mail, electronic lobby monitors, postcards, website graphics, and invitations.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager on email campaigns, including planning, scheduling, and deploying; writing and editing copy; determining and editing visual content through DotDigital.
- Use design programs or online platforms (such as Canva or PowerPoint) to create additional marketing, donor, and institutional materials (including sponsorship decks) for both print and digital use.
- Create, coordinate, and edit content with Cincinnati Magazine for all MainStage show programs. Work with TCT Academy staff on Academy show programs.
- Manage relationships and interact with outside vendors (printers, illustrators, photographers, advertising outlets, external graphic designer) to ensure that all designs are created and executed according to TCT’s standards.
- Maintain a calendar of all applicable print and digital deadlines and makes sure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Monday.com experience a plus.
- Work collaboratively to provide professional and creative solutions to meet individual graphic and/or video needs.
- Work with Marketing, Artistic and Development Directors to identify story angles associated with productions, and proactive media opportunities for The Children’s Theatre throughout the year.
- Create and develop pitches and news releases, as well as photo/media opportunities.
- Work with the Marketing Director to coordinate print and broadcast placements with media.
- Write and distribute press releases and pitches; establish and maintain press contacts and relationships.
- Keep an organized database of press-ready photos for institutional use and publicity purposes.
- Coordinate all media tickets and ticket trades in coordination with the Box Office Manager.
- On-site duties at events and performances throughout the season include capturing content and serving on rotational basis for programmatic activities with the TCT Crown Club.
- Work with the Marketing department and partners to maintain consistent content standards/style.
- Attend weekly marketing meetings and provide input into marketing and communications strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
While fulfilling duties, the Creative Projects Manager will:
- Work closely with the Marketing department to fulfill the mission of TCT.
- Be an advocate for TCT in the community.
- Consistently and accurately articulate the philosophy and policies of TCT to the staff, patrons, and public.
- Bachelor’s degree, an equivalent from an accredited college, or equivalent experience in UX, graphic design, video production/editing, journalism, marketing, communications, content development or a related field. 1-4 years’ experience with a proven track record of results is a plus.
- Experience developing content and managing production across multi-media channels, including print, video, audio, and/or digital.
- Developing content for non-profits or the performing arts a plus, but not required.
- This individual must have a high energy level, be creative and innovative with strong written and speaking skills.
- Key characteristics of the ideal candidate include innate curiosity, adaptability, and creativity.
- A quick learner able to manage various programs and get up to speed quickly where needed, yet unafraid to ask for help or admit when they do not know the answer.
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and act independently but also work with and contribute as part of a strong, effective, and close-knit tribe.
- Video editing and graphic skills are a must. Ideally Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro X.
- Experience with video cameras, interviewing, editing software, sound, and lighting.
- Expertise with content creation for professional YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and up-and-coming social media platforms (like Tik-Tok!)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Office 365, Dropbox, Canva and WordPress.
- Outgoing personality that enjoys interacting with members of the community.
- Superior writing abilities with demonstrated experience, particularly for video, email and social media, and excellent proofreading skills, with an eye for clever design.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, manage multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service mindset.
- Solid project and time management skills essential.
- A passion for theatre and/or the arts & entertainment a plus.
- A great sense of humor is a must!
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $40,000-$50,000.
- Health, vision, and dental benefits available, partially subsidized by employer contributions, after a waiting period.
- 403(b) retirement plan participation available, after a waiting period, with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service.
- Generous PTO accrual based on years of service.
- Generous paid holiday schedule.
- Flexible schedule opportunities.
No phone calls please. Qualified candidates should submit whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of cover letter/resume, writing samples, portfolios, and demo reels. (files should be less than 3MB in total, links are welcome).
Please submit your materials along with references by Wednesday, April 14, 2021 to TCT’s Marketing Director at: email@example.com. Subject Line: TCT CREATIVE PROJECTS MANAGER 2021
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati believes the stories on our stages and the work we do behind the scenes must reflect the diverse communities we serve. We believe inclusive work cultures spark wide-ranging, exploratory conversations and learning. Therefore, we strongly welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and ages to apply as we continue our commitment to diversity and build an inclusive environment at TCT.