Reports to: Senior Manager of Marketing & Strategic Engagement
Team: External Relations/Marketing
Status: Exempt, Full-time-37.5 hours
Schedule: Monday-Friday, some weekends and evenings required.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience, $40,000-$45,000
Benefits: Health care plan, dental, 401k plan with employer contribution, free parking, vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), flexible work arrangements, museum membership, and other special discounts.
The Taft Museum of Art (TMA) seeks a full-time New Media and Marketing Manager reporting to the Sr. Manager of Marketing and Strategic Engagement. This position is unique and requires a positive, highly organized team player who loves working with the public. Skills of attention to detail, able to works independently, and has excellent communication skills are needed. Enjoy this rare opportunity to join one of the finest small art museums in the United States.
To apply qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) writing/content samples. Our team will review your information, and we will get back to you, we promise, with the next steps. Please submit your application for consideration through our website portal at www.taftmuseum.org/careers. If you have any questions, please email us at HR@taftmuseum.org
for assistance. Sending resumes and cover notes via email are not considered applications.
The New Media & Marketing Manager, reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Strategic Engagement, assists in delivering a variety of creative, strategic, and educational content for the TMA to share with the public and engage our audiences by creating a meaningful experience by connecting people with great art, both in a historic setting and in the community. The manager has a strong background and skillset in the development of shareable content for use across the museum’s digital media platforms, including, but not limited to, social media, website, blogs, email, ticketing systems, and digital museum programs– amplifying the museum experience and engagement online through written, visual, video communication and beyond. The ideal candidate is a creative visionary with a digital marketing edge, effectively engaging visitors, members, donors, and other museum audiences to experience the Taft Museum of Art. Heralding best practices and ensuring all content is consistently on brand, the manager will work closely with all members of the marketing team, as well as with other departments across the museum to create digital-first strategies.
The New Media & Marketing Manager is a member of the External Relations & Marketing Department, which develops and executes integrated promotional strategies across all channels to raise the profile of the Museum, increase onsite visitation and online engagement, and support audience development goals for all aspects of the Museum’s operation. This role
Digital Content Planning and Execution
- Manage digital strategy and optimization for the museum’s website, social media, online art collection, blog, video production, analytics benchmarking, and other various digital marketing efforts.
- Work collaboratively with the supervisor to manage the master content calendar for all digital platforms.
- Define and implement strategies and content production with internal and external team members (e.g., influencer marketing, paid advertising programs) to grow TMA brand presence in existing and new social channels, to increase followers, interest, and engagement.
- Serve as on-site web administrator by preparing, publishing, and maintaining content on the museum website. Content Management System (CMS) maintenance and SEO/SEM support and strategy.
- Support the development of the museum's online art collection to integrate with the museum’s website, databases, and online and on-site visitor experience.
- Support the museum’s email marketing strategy by helping to create, optimize, and deploy email marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate and assist colleagues in other museum departments, including but not limited to Curatorial & Collections, Guest Services & Hospitality, Learning & Engagement, Operations, Development with the creation of digital events, programs, series, etc. for TMA's audiences.
- Provide guidance for new tools and technologies to be incorporated into the organization to increase the museum’s digital presence.
Research & Analytics
- Leverage analytic tools to provide reporting and insights, track and improve metrics, and influence testing and strategy.
- Keep current with emerging digital media behavior, trends, and technologies – both inside and outside the museum field.
Additional Marketing Support
- Supports the marketing team with implementing brand guidelines and print integration for campaigns.
- Support marketing team by creating / refreshing brand templates for internal and external use for on-site digital and print signage, member magazine, business cards, flyers, board packets, etc.
- Manage the TMA's email inquiries and coordinate internal communication and response, including supporting outside vendors with imagery and branding requests.
- Represents the TMA at events, programs, etc. to capture marketing moments in coordination with other Public Engagement uses such as grant applications, community outreach, and beyond
- Represents the TMA at events in the community if appropriate.
- Helps with administrative tasks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Museum Shared Responsibilities
- Must have a clear understanding of the Museum's core values of respect, integrity, excellence, creativity, and collaboration and demonstrate this understanding through behaviors and interactions with the guests, staff, volunteers, visitors, and the public.
- Supports the museum's diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Be ready to learn and to teach every day. Share knowledge freely with colleagues and pursue opportunities to gain new skills to enhance our ability to achieve success as a team.
- Understand and value each team members' expertise, background, experience, and unique perspective, even when different from their own. Appreciate and leverage the strengths of others to accomplish mutual goals for the Museum
- Share time, energy, and knowledge with others to ensure everyone has the highest potential to succeed.
- Always try to give the best, strive to achieve excellence in all tasks and goals.
- Demonstrate professionalism on and off the job; always represent the Taft Museum positively and professionally.
- Behaves and expresses themselves to build trust with those they work with and Museum Guests.
- Be impeccable with your word; trustworthy and ethical in all dealings inside and outside the Museum.
- Works with a diverse group of people and flexes communication style based on cultural differences and thinking styles.
- Focuses on delivering the Museum Mission, Wildly Important Goal (WIG), and Department WIG. Each employee has a WIG that they are working on weekly to achieve.
- Must adhere to all current Museum policies, procedures, and processes.
- Creates a pleasant work environment by being a positive influence and respectful to every person.
Required Capabilities & Skills
- Video production/editing involving Adobe Creative Suite or a similar product to create video and creative content.
- Knowledge and capability of using CMS (WordPress, etc.) and analytic tools (Facebook Business Manager, etc) to deliver online content.
- Understanding of marketing, digital advertising, and design including a dynamic understanding of data insights and applications.
- Analytical skills with the ability to generate metrics reports using Google Analytics.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and the ability to learn new software required. Familiarity with online platforms such as Zoom, Vimeo, and Microsoft Teams.
- Project management experience. Must be organized, detail-oriented, able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of TMA.
- Creative problem-solver is able to work nimbly in a deadline-oriented manner.
- Must speak English and be able to communicate in a highly effective way.
- Must enjoy working with the public.
Experience and Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required. Three years or more years of professional experience in marketing, digital content, communications, web design, or related fields.
- Proven track record of managing social media platforms and how to leverage them to build brand awareness.
- Active user and fluent in social media best practices.
- Valid Driver's license and must be over 21 years of age.
- Knowledge of/interest in art and working at an art museum.
- Love of the arts a plus.
- You must be authorized to work in the US.
The success of the Taft Museum of Art is driven by our core values of respect, integrity, excellence, creativity, and collaboration, as exemplified by our team members.
- Value diversity, equity, access, and inclusion as drivers for attracting and retaining a diverse team of board members, staff, and volunteers that feel empowered to deliver excellence. It also is the key to reaching a diverse community and audience.
- Include multiple perspectives and have a belief that differing views strengthen our museum by stretching us each day to learn, experience, and expand our thinking.
- Embrace our mission and vision to explore the hidden gems connected to our historic house, the people that lived in it for the first 100 years, and the extensive art collection, bringing all of this to life and make it relevant and unique to each guest.
- Work together as a board and staff to ensure that our members, partners, and key stakeholders reflect and embrace these core values.
Diversity, Inclusion, Access and Inclusion Statement (DEAI): Taft Museum of Art desires to reflect the diversity of our community at every entry point-board, staff, exhibition, education programming, and all museum operations. By embedding DEAI into all areas of the Museum, the Taft will be a champion for equitable practices, providing a welcoming and inclusive museum experience, and be accessible to all.