The Marketing & Engagement team has a paid internship opportunity (up to 20 hours a week) for an individual to help now through end of May in preparation and during the 2022 ArtsWave Campaign. The individual will work on various marketing projects, including donor benefits support, social media postings, campaign communications and events.
In return, you’ll work with a committed MarCom team in a mission-oriented environment to learn more about Marketing & Engagement and to help raise money and awareness on the need to support the arts.
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing & Engagement
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Are you organized, love detail and want to apply that in helping the arts? Here’s your chance to update the region’s most comprehensive arts calendar, ArtsWave Guide, and to add new arts experiences, retail, restaurant and partner offers to ArtsWave’s most popular donor benefit and membership program, ArtsWave Pass.
- Do you love writing? We’ll ask you to prepare newsletters and ad hoc communication assignment working under guidance from the MarCom teams – including writing and ideally, design.
- Do you find yourself always on social media? Here’s your chance to work with our Marketing & Communications Manager to develop social media posts that amplify the arts and ArtsWave as the engine for the arts with scheduled and ad-hoc posts.
- Self-motivated with a love for multitasking and drive to get a lot of work done
- Strong detail orientation throughout all that you do
- Solid writing skills and a love to report and communicate
- Willingness to ask questions, make suggestions, and work with others to make sure all project details are handled
- Ability to follow procedures and business rules accurately
- Enthusiasm about new ideas, technologies and continuously improving our processes
- Ability to work on occasion on evenings and weekends to cover social media and/or to represent ArtsWave at events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities frequently change
- A strong work ethic and a high degree of reliability
- Professional presence and excellent communication skills and confidence when communicating with donors, the public and staff
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Marketing, communications, arts administration or something else that you think makes you an excellent fit
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office(Word, PowerPoint and, especially Excel) with bonus points for proficiency with Adobe Suite
- Experience handling organizational social media accounts is a plus
With the help of tens of thousands of donors, ArtsWave supports more than 100 arts and community organizations that make our region an amazing place to live. We believe that the arts — music, dance, theatre, museums, festivals, and more — create a vibrant regional economy and a more connected community. ArtsWave is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in one document to Kathy DeBrosse, Vice President of Marketing and Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Subject Line: Marketing and Communications Intern. No calls, please.