The Art Academy of Cincinnati, Office of Engagement is accepting applications for the contracted position of Instructor for Teen Academy, Adult, and Family Workshops and Courses. Classes are held at varied times, and we are currently accepting applications for multiple courses. Instructors can teach more than one course if applicable.
We are currently hiring for these upcoming classes for the Spring 2023 season:
Art for Kids: 5 sessions per Course
Art for Kids: Ages 9-12 (Saturday, 11:00am-1:00pm, March 11-April 8, 2023)
Adult: 5 Class Sessions per Course
Portrait Photography (Wednesday, 6:00pm-8:30pm, April 12-March 10, 2023)
Film & Video (Saturday, 1:00pm-3:30pm, April 15-March 13, 2023)
- Creating a lesson plan for all class sessions that includes active learning and making.
- Completion of supplies list necessary for course.
- Communicating with Community Education Manager to coordinate Instructor onboarding and orientation.
- Instruction of a studio-based lesson plan with the objective of teaching specific skills to students while giving them the space to create work around the subject matter they choose.
- Demonstrating beginner-to-advanced techniques applicable to the class.
- Challenging a class of up to 15 students with personal review of their work and facilitating peer-based review conversation or critiques.
- Create an inclusive and respectful studio environment for all students.
- Encourage positive and critically supportive feedback.
- Complete student surveys and assessment requirements.
- 4-Year Degree in Art, Design, Education, Language, or related field preferred. Or advanced commensurate experience in a studio practice, method, media, or technique.
- Teaching experience required.
Adult Courses: 2.5 Hour Classes @ $30 per Hour = $75 per Class Session
Teen Academy: 2.5 Hour Classes @ $30 per Hour = $75 per Class Session
Candidates should submit a cover letter detailing their interest + teaching experience and a resume to:
Final submissions are to be accepted by January 31st, 2023, but the Office of Engagement will be vetting applications as they are submitted with opportunities for interviewing prior to the final deadline. We encourage you to submit early.
The Art Academy of Cincinnati is committed to policies of equal opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression, age, or disability, veteran's status, as protected by law, in all educational programs and activities, admission of students, advertisements, and conditions of employment. This policy is consistent with relevant governmental statutes and regulations, including those pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Students who have learning disabilities should contact the Director of Student Services for assistance. Questions concerning Title IX may be referred to the Director of Student Services who is the Art Academy's Title IX coordinator.